Connect'19 Hackathon registration
The Hackathon is an opportunity for participants to take a short break from their daily routines for some friendly, team-based technical competition.
Each year this event allows our teams to stretch their creativity and develop innovative solutions that lead to concrete, measurable commercial results. This year we’re inviting our colleagues from Sales & Marketing to join in and see our developers in action. Teams can benefit from their commercial expertise when it comes time to prepare the presentation for our panel of judges.
Most importantly, the team spirit we see each year is inspiring and makes this an event not to be missed. The winning team will have the honor of having their name engraved on our prestigious trophy, as well as the opportunity to showcase their project at other Genetec partner and end user events.
Hackathon participation is not mandatory. Those who do not participate are expected to return to work on Thursday, December 13th after the Hackathon starts, and Friday, December 14th, 2018.
This year teams can choose from these three themes:
Devices and things
Obtain deeper, more specific insights based on data and meta-data through the integration of IoT devices and sensors.
Enhance operational effectiveness by observing, measuring, and optimizing the flow of people and things.
Playing with data
Organize, visualize and transform information to extract insightful representations through data obtained from sensors or external systems.
- To protect Genetec security, it is not permitted to consult or modify the Security Center source code (or any other source code).
- It is not permitted to develop code snippets in advance to gain an advantage over other teams. All violators will be disqualified.
- At the end of the competition, each team will present their solution to the judges. More details will follow.
- Adherence to the themes
- Innovation and creativity
- Project execution and teamwork
- Presentation quality
Please keep in mind that your team must produce results - incomplete or partially functional projects will be penalized. Be sure to put an emphasis on the problem you have tried to resolve as well as your solution's potential gains.
- Each team should have between 9 - 12 members.
- The Hackathon will officially begin on Thursday at 1:30 p.m. and will end at 12 p.m. on Friday, followed by lunch and presentations to the judges.
- There will be meals, snacks and beverages provided for participants throughout the Hackathon.
- The competition will take place in the Agora and Centre-Ville rooms on the lobby level of the hotel.
- A rest area will be made available overnight for participants who wish to get some sleep.
- Each participant will have access to a workstation equipped with a secure SV-300, a monitor, a keyboard, and a mouse.
- All programs required for project development will be pre-installed before the competition, including tools for mobile application development. To those who prefer to develop for iOS, please advise the event committee by November 23rd, 2018 to be given access to a compilation environment.
- Each workstation will have internet access.
- If your team requires Microsoft Azure accounts, please let the event team know by November 23rd, 2018.
- If you think you will need external hardware, it is your responsibility to bring it yourself and to follow the usual rental procedures (RMS).
- Source code management will be left to the discretion of each team.